Better Mining Insurance Solutions from Comminsure
CommInsure has recently improved their mining insurance offering with an extra 33 new occupation added to their unique-occupation based cover.
The mining insurance improvements are part of CommInsure's recent life insurance and income protection policy enhancements for 2011, coinciding with the launch of their new product disclosure statement.
CommInsure Mining Insurance
CommInsure's unique offering means that cover is available for jobs listed on their mining occupation list.
It means that more Australian miners have the opportunity to get personal insurance cover.
Examples of some of these mining occupations include:
- Blast hole driller
- Bogger driver/operator
- Continuous/longwall operator
- Gig rise miner
- Jumbo/longhole drill operator
- Scraper operator
- Shot firer
- Surface worker, explosives
- Underground explosives handler
- Underground faceworker, no explosives
Here are some of the key features of CommInsure's mining insurance offering:
- Occupation-based cover
- Variables like mine type and hardness of rock are not taken into consideration
- Cover for occupations that involve explosives and the handling of them
- For income protection insurance, subcontractors are considered self employed
- Flying in and out of mine sites will not effect terms or eligibility
To find out more about mining insurance, please contact an xLife adviser on 1300 135 205.
Source: CommInsure 2011